Installation & Licensing of Ansys Granta EduPack (FAQs)
How do I get Granta EduPack?
If your course uses Granta EduPack, please contact your course leader or IT department to get a copy. Please note that we can only deal directly with university faculty (e.g., lecturers, professors, heads of department, or their support staff) to discuss Granta EduPack and options for its use. This limitation enables Granta to provide effective support and service to hundreds of institutions worldwide.
Do I need an Ansys Customer Portal or Granta Education Hub account to install Granta EduPack?
No – your installation package contains all the files you need, so that you don’t need a username and password. An account is only needed to download or create an installation package, which your course leader or IT administrator will do for you.
If the installer is prompting you to log in, or asking for license server information and you don’t have any, contact your course leader or IT administrator. They will need to provide either a new installation package, or the license server information.
How do I install Granta EduPack?
These instructions are for the flex-enabled version of the software. If you are an existing customer with a Classic license, see How do I install Granta EduPack Classic?
To install Granta EduPack or Granta EduPack Introductory:
- Set up license server
All users will need your institution’s Ansys FlexNet license server name and port number.
If your institution currently uses Ansys products, they will already have an Ansys FlexNet license server. However, it must have an up-to-date version of Ansys License Manager to support Granta EduPack.
- Download the installer
- Sign in to the Ansys Customer Portal, and go to Downloads > Current release.
- Expand the Primary Packages header and click the Granta EduPack button.
- Save the .zip file when prompted. This can be distributed to students with the license server name and port number.
- Install the software
- Extract the files from the .zip.
- Double-click the installer edupack(_introductory)_setup.YYYY_RX.exe to run it. You will need to be connected to the Internet and your institution’s network.
- Enter the name and port number for your license server.
- Continue to follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing.
To uninstall Granta EduPack or Granta EduPack Introductory, use Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
To use Granta EduPack with Ansys Workbench, you must have the full version of EduPack (not Introductory), and Ansys Workbench 2021 R1 or later. Installing the Ansys Workbench add-in is the same for both Classic and Flex-enabled versions of Granta EduPack.
- When Granta EduPack is installed after Ansys Workbench
Follow the installation instructions for your version of Granta EduPack. The Granta EduPack add-in for Ansys Workbench will automatically be installed with the software.
- When Granta EduPack is installed before Ansys Workbench
- Install Ansys Workbench.
- Install the Granta EduPack add-in for Ansys Workbench using one of the following methods:
- Re-run the Granta EduPack installer (edupack_setup.YYYY_RX.exe)
- Manually run the add-in .msi, located in the packages folder (in the same folder as the installer).
How do I install Granta EduPack on my own computer and lab computers?
Full installation and distribution instructions can be found on the Granta EduPack Installation Guidelines page.