see the light line in the dispersion curve

InfiniteInfinite Member Posts: 9

Hello,

With the wavevector sweep result, ow can I plot the light line also with the same set up please?

Thank you

Answers

• InfiniteInfinite Posts: 34Member

Also what is the best optimization of choice for apod_center and apod_width for the wavelength from 300 to 200 nm for a structure of rectangular symmetry of periodicity about 600 nm?

Thank you

Hello , Could any Ansys staff help please?

• kjohnsonkjohnson Posts: 204Ansys Employee

Hello @Infinite ,

Sorry for the delay in replying. The light line will have to be manually calculated and plotted as a second line on top of the bandstructure plot, using the holdon and plot script commands. However, the light line may also appear in the bandstructure results if there are time monitors placed in the substrate/cladding (because plane waves are essentially the bands in the substrate/cladding). This is shown in Bandstructure of photonic crystal waveguide - Line defect example:

Also what is the best optimization of choice for apod_center and apod_width for the wavelength from 300 to 200 nm for a structure of rectangular symmetry of periodicity about 600 nm?

The time monitor results are apodized to remove the initial, transient signal before the resonances start to build. It is probably not necessary to change these settings if the simulation time is long enough. For bandstructure simulations with loss, there is some advice for adjusting these settings in the Bandstructure of photonic crystal with loss example:

Apodization

The resonance that we are interested in may only occur for a short period of time and it may not occur at the center of the recorded time signal. To help determine which portion of the time signal to take the Fourier transform from, you can run a preliminary simulation and look at time monitor signal, or use a movie monitor to estimate the center time and duration of the resonance. You can then use this information to adjust the apodization window center and width settings in the analysis tab of bandstructure object.

Hello,

Thank you for reply.

The link you have sent Bandstructure of photonic crystal waveguide - Line defect 

if I add a line with holdon it said to use the setpoint instead but then I got the graph as shown in fig12 attached here, So what is the upper light line means? Also the plot of light line does not match of the fig of the webpage.

2nd is I am running the calculation for some MIM type of metasurface structure and the plot I got is attached here fig11. The question is why I just see those line that are so blurred in the log graph? And is it showing the proper trait of the bands.? I need the dispersion curve of SPP that has been occurred in the metal dielectric interface, So I have made a unit cell with metal>dielectric>bottom metal (in z direction) and the periodicity of x and Y in those direction. I just want dispersion in curve of SPP in x direction. Is it proper way to do this please or I should just choose the dielectric portion for the unit cell?

Thank you

Hello, Any update regarding my inquiry please?

Thanks