How can I set the variation to check cavity properties using Stack Solver script?

EunJooEunJoo Member Posts: 4
edited September 7 in Photonics

Hello.

I check the Purcell factor and Purcell density in cavity structure (A bottom mirror is PEC, a top mirror is Ag - CRC material, and spacers are Air) using Stack Solver. From that simulation, a dipole source exists between 2 and 3 layers.

I want to know the Purcell Factors varying with a thickness of layer number 2 (10 - 50 nm).

For simulating, I modified the script from https://support.lumerical.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034926513-stackpurcell-Script-command. - stackpurcell-Script command

An original script set thicknesses of layers matrix (8-13 lines) so that I can't handle the thickness of the second layer as a variation. Is there another way to set multilayer geometry as a variable?

Looking forward to your reply and help! 

Answers

• gsungsun Posts: 953Ansys Employee
    edited September 8

You can sweep the specific thickness, eg d(2) in a loop. For example, in line 18, you can write

nj=9;

dd=linspace(1,5,nj)*1e-6;

for(jj=1,nj){

d(2)=dd(jj);

}

You will need to revise your script, move all constants outside the loops, and define the matrix, such as density, purcell etc with dimension of frequency and thickness. Please try.