Regarding Student License Issue

Hi everyone,

I am getting this error as you can see this screenshot attached.

First Message when I launch Ansys Discovery 2021 R2 at the login screen. (Attachment name: Ansys Issue)

Error: Unable to connect to or start local server.

Second Message after I try to login after launching Ansys Discovery 2021 R2 Program. (Attachment name: Ansys Issue 2)

Error: No Discovery Licenses Found. Operating in Read Only Mode.

Please note that I used my University Email to login and use. This allowed me to download LSDyna as well which works fine but the problem seems to be solely with Ansys Discovery. I also changed my Password, turned off my VPN, logged in again, reinstalled and did some basic troubleshooting myself. It hasn't helped so far.

I would really appreciate it if someone could please help me with this issue.

Thanks,

Harsha

Answers

• Geo KarnosGeo Karnos Posts: 504Ansys Employee

@HarshaVRR,

Couple ideas:

1. Try shutting down your firewall to see if that allows you to run.
    2. What is the Discovery License Mode Manager set to?

• HarshaVRRHarshaVRR Posts: 4Member
    edited September 24

Hi @Geo Karnos

I tried the above steps and I am still getting the same issue.

Could you tell me what I should do here?

Thanks,

Harsha

Are you using your email address and password to start the program?

@Geo Karnos

Yes, I am using the registered Email (from the University License) and password to start the program. Not sure why it is being prevented.

I use the same to login to the Web Ansys Academy but facing the same issue with the program though.

Let me know how we can solve this please.

Best,

Harsha

• tkDariustkDarius Posts: 3Member

HarshaVRR  did you get this resolved in any way? I seem to be running into the exact same problem. There seems to be no licensing file included in student version of Discovery.

@tkDarius Hi, no I did not get it resolved anyway.

Is there a workaround for it?

Hi @Geo Karnos could you please help me with this? I have been waiting for about 2 weeks. Not sure why there's been no resolution or workaround for this. Please suggest what we can do here!

Thanks,

Harsha

• Patrick3463Patrick3463 Posts: 6Member

I have the same issue. No student licence file present, cannot do any analysis. nothing works and ive been looking everywhere for a resolution. We have had autodesk flowdesign before but its been discontinued and autodesk cfd is just too much for students to handle. I have limited time to get these softwares sorted and i feel like this year will be back to autodesk cfd. Would be nice to get this sorted out so maybe next year we could give this software a go.

edited October 25

With the Student license, it is floating. No subscription, so you shouldn't need to log in.

Can you please share FULL contents of %TEMP%\.ansys\licdebug.DISCOVERY.212.out

Paste the contents, not the file as we are not permitted to open the file.

• vganorevganore Pune, IndiaPosts: 714Admin

Guys, the license issue in Discovery Student 2021R2 has been resolved. If you are facing this issue then please uninstall the product, redownload from the website and install. The updated product should run fine.