How to join two bodies to make assembly in design modeller

Hello,

i have two geometry from that i have to make an assembly, it is easier to do in solidworks by defining mate, but i want to know how to use something like that in design modeller.

Comments

• kkanadekkanade Forum Coordinator
    edited October 2018

There is no direct command like mate in DM. 

You can use Create --> Body operations  and move your body at particular location. 

You can find more details of these commands in help manual. You can also see following video. 

Regards,

Keyur

edited October 2018

Hi,

Did it help you? Are you able to assembly your geometry?

Also, please like the answers which have helped you move forward and in the end, once your issue is resolved, please mark the most appropriate solution (most useful advice) as 'Is Solution'. This will help others who are using this thread to find answers to similar questions.

Regards,

Keyur

• vkumarsingh388@gmail.com[email protected] IndiaMember
    edited October 2018

Hello,

it means i have to import all geomtries into DM and then i have to place them correctly and have to define contacts in ANSYS Mechanical, is it?

edited October 2018

Yes, its correct. 

Regards,

Keyur

edited October 2018

Also, please like the answers which have helped you move forward and in the end, once your issue is resolved, please mark the most appropriate solution (most useful advice) as 'Is Solution'. This will help others who are using this thread to find answers to similar questions.

Regards,

Keyur