Quality mesh

carlotacarlota Member Posts: 3

Hi!

These were my results of mesh quality, what does target skewness mean?

Would my quality be poor? how could i fix it?

Comments

• RobRob UKPosts: 11,770Forum Coordinator

Target is just a note to suggest a limit, and you've exceeded it. A max skew of 0.99999 means the cell is essentially flat (degenerate or may even have a negative volume) so must be fixed. At best the solver will fail fairly quickly, worst case the solver will take time to not converge and the result will be rubbish.

• carlotacarlota Posts: 6Member

Thank you very much, I will look for a tool that helps with the quality of the meshing, because I am working with very complex geometry.

Right now I'm using the automatic method, you have any suggestions? I would appreciate your opinion.

• RobRob UKPosts: 11,770Forum Coordinator

Automatic is fine, but you need to locate the bad cells and figure out what the problem is. It could be a rogue voxel in the scan conversion or a "thin" region that's not resolved.

• DevinDevin Posts: 1Member
    edited October 15

Automatic option is best option...but if u want to build a mesh in specific range of skewness, you can enter your limit there.. I don't to how much time it will take..

You can also check this article regarding Skewness in mesh geraration section..https://www.cadsys25.com/2020/05/mesh-generation-and-cfd-steps.html