why Deformation is zero on one of the pale? Is it logical?

nurionurnurionur Member Posts: 7

Hello,

I tried to do vibroacoustic analysis with sandwich panels. I tried to simulate impedance tube concepts and obtaine STL. The two panel is made from aluminium and core geometry is made from polyethylene. I simulated 3 cases. On two of designs, I noticed that only one of the panel has deformation as below. I dont know why one of the the panel has no deformation. What is my mistake?

Thank you for help.

You can see my analysis approach and more logical results.

Answers

• SheldonISheldonI Posts: 112Ansys Employee

Hi @nurionur ,

For the geometry, are the structural and acoustic regions physically overlapping? Please make sure that they do not overlap but just share boundaries. Instead of contact, it's best to define a multibody part in SpaceClaim or DesignModeler, as that is more accurate.

Where do you have the Fixed Support defined? Is the Fixed Support preventing deformation of the second panel?

Regards,

Sheldon

• nurionurnurionur Posts: 21Member

Hi @SheldonI

Thank you for reply.

I dont think the reason is overlapping. But t you are right about contact. I will try sharing boundaries.

The fixed supports are side face of 2 plates. I defined 8 faces as fixed support. Do you think that it prevents deformation?

• SheldonISheldonI Posts: 112Ansys Employee

Hi @nurionur ,

I am not sure which faces are fixed, but how is the vibration transmitted from one end of the plate to the other? It seems that the structure is 'hollow', so if the vibrations need to past through the sides, which are fixed, that can limit the transmitted vibrations.

For example, duplicate the Workbench system, then suppress everything except for the structure. Change the system to a structural modal analysis, and with the same boundary conditions, check the modal analysis results to see if it really is possible to vibrate in a manner you expect in your frequency range.

A Fixed Support means that the scoped surfaces cannot move at all (they are 'bonded' to a 'rigid' object). Is this accurately reflecting your structure?

Regards,

Sheldon