Water evaporation simulation

desouzadacostadesouzadacosta Member Posts: 51

Hi All,

I want to simulate the water evaporation phenomena in recipient with hot air.

So far I collected some screens and candidate models : Eulerian-Eulerian, VOF, Mixture.

I reproduce below some pics related to the Eulerian-Eulerian. Any thoughts about using the others are very welcome.

Unfortunatelly the Eulerian-Eulerian setup is still not working.

For the first picture :

Mass transfer mechanism for the builtin evaporation-condensation model.

Two phases : solids+water liquid , and air+water vapor

Saturation temperature from the water properties . Temperature range : 2 to 200 C. Read it from a .tab file.

Water properties :

Does anybody know if from the last two pictures the latent heat of vaporization is automatically calculated ?

What should be a proper initialization for testing the evaporation.

Any shared thoughts about make it starting working is very welcome.

Alex

Tagged:

Comments

• RobRob UKPosts: 11,770Forum Coordinator

Please define "not working". Latent heat is the difference between the standard state enthalpies, and ideally use the same reference for the two phases. It's simple here, but can be more complicated when we react stuff that then changes phase.... Do you really mean "solid water" or are you trying to add the solidification/melting model into the simulation too?

• desouzadacostadesouzadacosta Posts: 160Member

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the output. "not working" , the solver is crashing in the first iteration.

"solid water" - water liquid in the solid phase (water liquid + solid )

I found some Fluent example material in the Portal for condensation/boiling but not a single one for evaporation .

Any clue is very welcome.

Alex

• RobRob UKPosts: 11,770Forum Coordinator

OK, so ice melts and then evaporates? Or are you trying to sublimate the water? Solidification/melting for the ice-water bit and then a phase change model (multiphase) to vapour. Evaporation is boiling to an extent, just not as violent so Lee model ought to do it. @DrAmine will have more ideas.