Storing temperature at the interface

ss_stardustss_stardust Member Posts: 18

Hi,

I have a 2_D domain in which interfaces are created with 1 source wall and two target walls. I want to store temperature of the source interface in a UDM so that it can be assigned to the interface targets such that all can have the same temperature . I used the F_UDMI macro which gives the error of "MPI Application rank 0 exited before MPI_Finalize() with status 2". Is it because interface is not a wall or flow boundary and hence F_UDMI cant be applied to it? Which macro should I use to store the interface temperature?

Thanks

Best Answer

• RobRob UKPosts: 11,730Forum Coordinator
    Accepted Answer

Which wall is the "master" and how could the other walls influence that temperature? It's probably possible, but I don't know how other than DEFINE_PROFILE, possibly you'll need to set the near wall cell temperature? We're in the grey area where we can't help much too.

Answers

• RobRob UKPosts: 11,730Forum Coordinator

Please can you sketch out what you're doing? I'm not sure if you're trying to fix both sides of a non-conformal to be the same temperature?

• ss_stardustss_stardust Posts: 57Member

@Rob

Right. I have created 3 coupled walls (solid wall (source), porous wall(target1) and porous fluid wall(target2)) which are required to be at the same temperature. So, I am trying to do so by storing temperature of solid wall and assigning it to the other two walls. If there is any alternate way to achieve so, please suggest. if not, how can same be implemented?

• ss_stardustss_stardust Posts: 57Member

@Rob

Thanks for the quick replies, will try DEFINE_PROFILE again. If it doesn't work, I will contact customer technical support .