Parametric study with user defined primitive

ReSoucReSouc Member Posts: 1

Dear Reader,

I am trying to run a simulation with a user defined primitive while varying a parameter, I use the optimetrics module but without a clear success.

So, I had defined a python script as my userDefinedPrimitive to generate an object and I can run a simulation without any problem. The issue seems to appear when a new variation is set. The message Manager shows this set of errors:

''''''''

[info] Parametric Analysis on ParametricSetup1 has been started. (4:33:57 nov. 24, 2021)

[info] A variation (width='0.008mm') has been requested using the following machines: Local Machine. (4:33:59 nov. 24, 2021)

[info] Verify conduction path: Conduction path validate success. (4:34:06 nov. 24, 2021)

[info] A variation (width='0.009mm') has been requested using the following machines: Local Machine. (4:40:22 nov. 24, 2021)

[error] FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect. ----  (4:40:23 nov. 24, 2021)

[error] Body could not be created for part RectangularCoil1 because of invalid parameters of this part or some of its parent part/coordinate system. (4:40:23 nov. 24, 2021)

[error] Null body found for part RectangularCoil1. (4:40:23 nov. 24, 2021)

'''''''

and fail for all the subsecent variations. After this, I can rerun the analyse on the optimetrics and it will start to compute the next variation (width='0.009mm' in this example). but will still fail after.

I am wondering if this error : FormatException is linked with the UDPPrimitiveParameterDefinition2 function.

Is there a way to get rid of this error?

Best regards,

R.

Answers

• pmunagapmunaga Posts: 371Forum Coordinator

Hi @ReSouc,

In the post, I could see a error saying "RectangularCoil1" of your model cannot be created when width = 0.009 mm.

Before running the optimetrics once again, please assign the width manually and validate the design.

It looks like the dimension is causing the error.

All the very best.

• ReSoucReSouc Posts: 2Member

Hi @pmunaga ,

The simulation is valid for all selected width, in fact the parameter is not on the RectangularCoil1 object, this object is supposed to be constant.

I have tried to run something different using built-in examples: a pair of identical simulation using the RectangularSpiral UPD in Maxwell. If I use RectangularSpiral (Python) I got a similar error, but if I use the provided example RectangularSpiral (DLL) everything works fine, all other parameters are identical. It looks like there is something missing for user defined primitive using Python an it makes optimetrics crash on the second attempt. Is there a way to use python to generate primitive or I must create a DLL (but this seems tedious)?

This is the report :

ExampleUserDefinedPrimitive (.........................................................................)

Maxwell3DDesign1 (Magnetostatic)

[info] Parametric Analysis on ParametricSetup1 has been started. (11:46:11 nov. 29, 2021)

[info] A variation (curr='1mA') has been requested using the following machines: Local Machine. (11:46:14 nov. 29, 2021)

[info] Verify conduction path: Conduction path validate success. (11:46:20 nov. 29, 2021)

[warning] Adaptive Passes did not converge based on specified criteria. (11:46:33 nov. 29, 2021)

[info] A variation (curr='2mA') has been requested using the following machines: Local Machine. (11:46:33 nov. 29, 2021)

[error] FormatException: Le format de la chaîne d'entrée est incorrect. ----  (11:46:34 nov. 29, 2021)

[error] Body could not be created for part RectangularSpiral1 because of invalid parameters of this part or some of its parent part/coordinate system. (11:46:34 nov. 29, 2021)

[error] Null body found for part RectangularSpiral1. (11:46:34 nov. 29, 2021)

[info] Parametric Analysis is done. (11:46:34 nov. 29, 2021)