Mechanical APDL: How to get results from self-made nodes

Mav14Mav14 Member Posts: 1

Dear community,

I have one question about ANSYS Mechanical APDL: How I can get results from self-made nodes? I create the nodes with the "nkpt"-function before the meshing. But after the solving I can only read the results of the automatic generated nodes. For my self-made nodes I get the message "Requested data is not stored for node...".

But I need the results of the exact coordinates! This is why I create nodes by myself. I know the function to find out which node is near by the wanted coordinates but the different in the location is too high. If I cannot readout my self-made nodes the whole simulation is useless for me. 😥

I hope you can help me!

Answers

• visridhavisridha Posts: 89Ansys Employee

Hey,

I suggest you make use of 'Selection Logic' in APDL scripting. Make use of commands such as CM (ansys.com), NSEL (ansys.com), CMSEL (ansys.com) while applying appropriate loads and boundary conditions.

Selection Logic — Lesson 6 - ANSYS Innovation Courses - This AIC lesson should help you get started. Also, you might find relevant lessons in this 'Intro to MAPDL Scripting' course.

Vigneswaran

Ansys Help

Ansys Learning Forum

• Mav14Mav14 Posts: 2Member

Hey visridha,

thanks for your answer. I look at your tips but can't see my mistake, maybe because my brain's not working today. You can see an extract of my MAPDL-Script below. Can you see my mistake and maybe help me, please?

!----Self-made nodes----

K,201,radius,0,1.5e-3

NKPT,201,201

K,202,radius,0,-1.5e-3

NKPT,202,202

!----Mesh----

ESIZE,netzEG,0

MSHMID,2

VSWEEP,all

VSYMM,z,all 

EPLOT

!----Force----

NSEL,s,loc,z,hoehe/2

CP,1,volt,all

*GET,node1,node,0,num,min

F,node1,amps,strom

NSEL,s,loc,z,-hoehe/2

D,all,volt,0

ALLSEL

!----Solution----

/SOLU

ALLSEL,all

SOLVE

!----Auswertung----

/POST1

/PLOPTS,minm,0

PLNSOL,volt

*GET,spannung,node,node1,volt

*GET,spannung201,node,201,volt !ERROR: 'Requested data is not stored for node 201.'

I would be very grateful!🙂