NOT ABLE TO CREATE OUTER ROTOR IPM SYNCHRONOUS MACHINE

mitulmitul Member Posts: 1

HELLO FRIENDS,

I AM TRYING TO CREATE IPM SYNCHRONOUS MACHINE WITH OUTER ROTOR STRUCTURE. INITIALLY RMXPRT MENU SHOWING BOTH OUTER ROTOR AND INNER ROTOR OPTION IN STRUCTURE. AFTER SELECTION OF OUTER ROTOR IN STRUCTURE THE OPTION FOR MAGNET DIMENSION CONVERTED TO WINDING IN ROTOR SECTION. IF ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEA ABOUT THIS, PLEASE HELP ME

Answers

• nchodenchode Posts: 549Forum Coordinator

Hi @mitul,

After you change the structure to the outer rotor and close the window. The core type will also change to default Slot_AC.

Change the slot type to SALNT_POLE to get back to magnet dimensions in the rotor.

Regards,

Navya

• mitulmitul Posts: 3Member

Thanks navya.

But, I am talking about IPM synchronous machine. In rmxprt outer rotor and inner rotor options are there. When I select outer rotor type of rotor changed to wound rotor. I have tried your suggestion and it is again wound rotor pole salient pole. I think IPM is for "insert permanent magnet ". I need help to create rmxprt for IPM outer rotor synchronous machine.

• nchodenchode Posts: 549Forum Coordinator

Hi @mitul ,

Can you share screenshots of which RMXprt template you started with?

Regards,

Navya

• mitulmitul Posts: 3Member

STEP 2: SELECT MAXWELL MODEL WIZARD OR GENERATE RMXPRT SOLUTIONS

STEP 3 IN MAXWELL MODEL WIZARD SELECT IPM SYNCHRONOUS MACHINE

STEP 4 YOU CAN FIND TYPE OF ROTOR IS "PM INTERIOR" WITH INNER ROTOR CONFIGURATION

STEP 5 SELECT OUTER ROTOR IN STRUCTURE

STEP 6 WITH OUTER ROTOR STRUCTURE PM INTERIOR ROTOR IS THERE.

STEP7 CLOSE THE MACHINE WINDOW AND OPEN IT AGAIN

STEP 8 NOW TYPE OF ROTOR IS CONVERTED TO SLOT AC. I NEED IT WITH IPM CONFIGURATION

THANKS FOR HELP