Downloading Error Code -1073740791

Hi all,

I tried downloading HFSS via the Ansys Electronics Desktop Student. However, following the instructions given on the https://www.ansys.com/academic/students/ansys-electronics-desktop-student - installation steps, I receive an error at the end of the setup.exe (running it as administrator). My computer has 300 GB left of open memory, and had 16GB RAM so I doubt that is the problem. Also, I tried redownloading, repairing and restarting my computer without avail.

The exact error happens with “ConfigureThisMachine.exe”, error code -1073740791:

Did anyone encounter this problem?

Answers

• Geo KarnosGeo Karnos Posts: 569Ansys Employee

@IvoCo

Please open an elevated CMD (rt-click on CMD and "run as admin") and run the following four commands:

del /Q "%TEMP%\configurethismachine.*"

del /Q /A:H "%TEMP%\configurethismachine.*"

"C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\AnsysEM21.2\Win64\config\ConfigureThisMachine.exe" -v -v --uninstall -i "C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\AnsysEM21.2\Win64" --redirect-file c:\temp\ctmuninst.log

----wait a minute----

"C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\AnsysEM21.2\Win64\config\ConfigureThisMachine.exe" -v -v -i "C:\Program Files\AnsysEM\AnsysEM21.2\Win64" --redirect-file c:\temp\ctminst.log

Examine the resulting c:\temp\cdminst.log to see if return code is '0' --- success