Importing deformed geometry from buckling - Issue

pedrohrochapedrohrocha Member Posts: 1
edited January 14 in Structures

Hi everyone,

I am getting an error message when trying to import a deformed geometry from buckling analysis into a new static one to perform a non-linear static analysis (as shown in the picture below).

At first, I tried on the Workbench version 2021 R2 then I tried a version downgrade to 2020 R2 expecting that it was a bug only in the new release but I still get the same error.

As suggested in this post - https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/27784/deformed-geometry, If I start a new blank project and do not save it any time I am able to import the geometry and keep working without any error, but it is really annoying and inefficient since I have to start a new blank project and repeat all the setting procedures at each work session!

Could anyone please help me on fixing it or suggest a workaround? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Posts: 13,251Member
    edited January 15

@pedrohrocha

In that Project you show, if you Update system B, don't you get all green checkmarks?

After you do that, can't you Refresh system C?

Is the problem you have because initially, you don't have a system C, and you solve system B, but when you add system C, it triggers system B stop showing green checkmarks?

• pedrohrochapedrohrocha Posts: 3Member
    edited January 15

@peteroznewman

No. When I try to update system B, I got that error message.

As you said, I initially don't have a system C, and then when it is added, system B stop showing green checkmarks, but then when I try to update system B the error is triggered.

I tried to rebuild the same systems and repeat exactly the same procedure in Ansys 19.0 and it works fine. It just doesn't work in the most recent releases, therefore I think it may be a bug.

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Posts: 13,251Member

@pedrohrocha

Please use File, Archive and attach the .wbpz file to your reply. Say what newer version of ANSYS you are trying to get that to work with.

• adriano_gdadriano_gd Posts: 1Member

I've been facing the same issue with the Ansys Workbench Student 2021R2.

• pedrohrochapedrohrocha Posts: 3Member

@peteroznewman

I saved my project as .wbpj (instead of .wbpz) and uploaded it with the other project files as a .rar file. Is it ok this way?

It was saved on the Ansys Workbench 2021 R2 running with a student license that I am currently using on my master's. I've tested and the same issue also happens in Ansys Workbench 2020 R2.

Let me know if you need anything else and thank you for helping.