My Ansys Workbench 19.2 opens but doesn't open

Hello, when I open my Ansys Workbench it doesn't let me access it. I can see the app is open in my windows taskbar but it doesn't let me to actually open it. I already tried rebooting my pc, but it didn't work.

Could you please provide me with help?

Comments

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Posts: 3,071Forum Coordinator
    edited November 2018

Hi josedjad ,

Try this,

close all ANSYS related applications

open CMD Prompt, then issue the following command (copy and paste the entire line)

move %appdata%\ansys\v192 %appdata%\ansys\v192.back

Does this help ?

Thank you,

Win

• cseavs42cseavs42 Posts: 1Member
    edited October 2019

I had this same issue.  Using this solution worked for me.  Thanks for the help!

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Posts: 3,071Forum Coordinator
    edited October 2019

Welcome, thank you for letting us know.

• essbrenntessbrennt Posts: 1Member
    edited May 2020

Thank you so much! Also worked for the newer versions. ex. just change v192 to v194.

• anu575dixanu575dix Posts: 5Member
    edited May 2020

Hi tsiriaks,

I am using ANSYS workbench 19 R2. I can see the app is open in my windows taskbar but it doesn't let me to actually open it.

I tried the method you suggested above but that didn't work. Could you please advice how can I solve this issue?

Thanks.

Anupam

• oswaldooswaldo Posts: 1Member

Hi tsiriaks ,

Thank you so much, you saved my life. It's really interesting, I had the same problem in two different computers, the last one is a yoga 7 series pro 2021, which supposed to be a 'best'.

Anyways, from your line I had to adjust the version number that is the last one student version in 2021 (you can verify your version going into pc/c:/program files/Ansys Inc/Ansys student. Probably, this will help for future versions.

move %appdata%\ansys\v212 %appdata%\ansys\v212.back

Thanks,

Oswaldo