User Error message with University license

Hello, 

I was pointed here by Ansys tech support. I am not sure why as it seems this is for Students Free version and not the paid version our University uses, but here goes.

I have a user who is getting this error "

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR:

Failover feature 'ANSYS Academic Research Mechanical and CFD' specified in licen

se preferences is not available.

Request name aa_r does not exist in the licensing pool.

License server system does not support this feature.

Feature:       aa_r

License path:  (Path to license server deleted for security)

FlexNet Licensing error:-18,147

For further information, refer to the FlexNet Licensing documentation,

available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

*** ERROR - ANSYS license not available.

This is on CentOS. The user did use an academic research license, but I moved him over to our standard classroom license server and Ansys works. But Ansys APDL is not working for him. The shortcut I created for him points to the correct License server.

Everything I read online only talks about Windows version of Ansys. Are there any files I am missing in his profile that need to be changed or deleted to fix this error?

Thank you,

Comments

• kkanadekkanade Forum Coordinator
    edited November 2018

Moving to installation for better response. 

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited November 2018

Hello,

On the client machine (the user's machine) , ask him to reset license preferences

Windows : Rename %AppData%\Ansys\v1xx

Linux : Rename $HOME/.ansys/v1xx 

Thanks,

Win

• hello

I am facing the problem over failover feature of Ansys License manager error.

the description is Request name aa_t_i does not exist in the licensing pool.

Feature: aa_t_i

Flexnet Licensing error:88,309

can you please guide me to fix this issue so that i can start mechanical APDL R2.

Thanks,

Vishal