Excel is not detected by ansys

Hi guys 

i have installed the Ansys 19.1 student version. but when i open it a message appear.

''Microsoft Office Excel application has not been detected as installed. The Microsoft Office Excel system is not available''

I have Microsoft office excel already installed.

how to connect excel with the workbench?

thanks

Comments

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited April 2019

Workbench should just pick up Excel, and I'm not aware of any steps needed to make it work. Check that the Excel registration has been completed as we've seen issues with unregistered Excel before (ie the installation is complete & Excel works but the CD/registration key hasn't been entered). 

• Hello,

any solution for the problem!

I am also experiencing similar problem with excel. I have ansys 2020 R1 and excel is also updated and activated as mentioned by Rob. I have excel 2016 home and student if it matters.

microsoft excel is also missing from the component systems in ansys workbench and the data(excel workbook format) exported by ansys is also flagged as "my be currupted because the file format and extension don't match" by excel 2016 but it opens if selected ok, but it pops up every time when the file is opened.

thanks

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator

Hi piyush_17 ,

Was excel installed/updated/activated before you installed ANSYS ?

Thanks,

Win

Also, check if you have files in here

C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v201\Addins\MSExcel\bin\Win64

• Hi tsiriaks ,

YES excel was installed and activated at the time of installing ANSYS. i can't tell if it was updated at the time because I have updated once after installing ANSYS!

also I have checked the path and it has the following files in there

thanks

-piyush

Hi piyush,

Please open up CMD Promt, then enter

set

and post the output of it here

Also, check your ANSYS Student folder to see if you have install.err file there

• HI tsiriaks,

There is no install.err file in ANSYS Student folder!

also here is the output from the CMD Promt,

This looks good too.

Can you try 2020 R2 and see if you have the same issue ?

• @tsiriaks sir, I am facing same issue. As you told before I have files in Addins/MSExcel folder as the image above and I tried refinishing the mesh but still same issue is persisting.

@vaibhav05 what version are you using ? And if you try a different version, do you get the same issue ?

Please also post the output of 'set' command from CMD Prompt

• I am using 18.2 and 19.2 versions and same issue with both. The output data is getting saved in .out format

I have attached the screenshot after set command. Please have a look and suggest if anything needs to be done.

If you try the following commands in CMD Prompt

move "%appdata%\ansys" "%appdata%\ansys.old"

set PATH=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem

"%AWP_ROOT192%\Framework\bin\Win64\runwb2.exe"

does it make a difference ?

• I tried above commands in sequence and later opened workbench but still its showing same message in both versions.

• mrifemrife PHLForum Coordinator

Hello All

Please check the Workbench help (User Guide; Component Systems; MS Excel) for your particular version installed. There is a specific version, or two, of Microsoft Excel that will be supported. For example @MitPatel WB version 19.1 supports Excel 2013 or 2016 (that are locally installed).

Thanks,

Mike

• hello! i am facing the same problem and my excel language is english so i dont get where the problem is comming from