Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox

I have downloaded and install ansys 18.1 student version and when I opened ansys workbench the analysis systems was missing from the toolbox.i have also checked the toolbox customization but analysis systems is not there.

Comments

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Posts: 11,699Member
    edited December 2017

Did this computer have any previous versions of ANSYS installed?  If so, previous versions have to be uninstalled and all traces removed. Here is a guide.

I recommend you uninstall 18.1 and download and install 18.2 which is the currently available Student version.

• Raef.KobeissiRaef.Kobeissi United KingdomPosts: 443Member
    edited December 2017
    Sometimes after installation Workbench may requires to be opened a second time before you see the systems appear and as Peter said make sure that you have no remaining files from other ANSYS versions on your Computer.
    Cheers
  • pglpgl Portland, Oregon, USAPosts: 405Member
    edited January 2018
  • Arthur VMArthur VM Posts: 1Member
    edited July 2018

Hi,

I just installed Ansys 19.1 student version and I have the exact same problem. I've tried opening the workbench a couple of times and restarting the computer. I've also tried 'reset windows layout' and 'view all/ customize'. The analysis systems remains missing. 

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks in advance

Arthur

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Posts: 3,071Forum Coordinator
    edited July 2018

Hi Arthur,

Try this, open up Windows Explorer and paste the following into the address bar

%appdata%\ansys\

Once on this page, rename the v191 folder to anything else (such as v191.old)

If that doesn't help, check this

open up CMD Prompt, then issue the following command (this is for default installation path, if you've installed it in a non-default path, you have to change the path accordingly)

"C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_util" -checkout aa_t_i

If your licensing is fine, you should see the output like

"..... INFO Demo license file  C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\student.lic exists.

aa_t_i OUT ....."

Thank you,

Win

• KiranKiran Posts: 1Member
    edited December 2018

Hello tiriaks,

Thank you for suggestion of changing the name of the folder v191. It really worked.

I was trying to find solution the problem like here of missing analysis system toolbox. Finally it worked today.

Thank you all for your help.

Best regards

kiran

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Posts: 3,071Forum Coordinator
    edited December 2018

Hi Kiran,

Sounds good. Thank you for the update. Glad it works for you. 

Thanks,

Win

• ChinyereChinyere Posts: 7Member
    edited February 2019

Hello tiriaks,

I just installed Ansys 19.2 student version and I have the exact same problem.i haven't had any previous version installed. I've tried opening the workbench a couple of times and restarting the computer. I've also tried 'reset windows layout' and 'view all/ customize'. The analysis systems remains missing. 

I checked using the CMD step and my licensing is fine. 

I tried renaming the v192 folder and a new v192 is created after I open Ansys and the analysis system tab is still missing.

Thanks for a solution in advance.

Regards,

Chinyere

edited February 2019

Hi Chinyere,

Thanks for the information and trying those steps to rule out licensing issue.

Please create a new thread on this and we can work on your issue on there (please reference this thread).

Please post the output of the 

set

command in the CMD Prompt

Thanks,

Win

• SaurabhDSaurabhD Posts: 17Member
    edited March 2019

Hello, 

I'm facing the same issue as that of Chinyere. Can some one help to resolve it. I've renamed the folder and also have also checked the CMD step. 

Thank you in advance

edited March 2019

Hi SaurabhD,

Please create a new thread for your issue and include output of the 'set' command.

Thanks,

Win

• Baswa17Baswa17 Posts: 3Member
    edited June 2020

Sir itried this method and my command prompt shows this

INFO                Demo license file C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\student.lic exists.

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR : Request name aa_t_i does not exist in the licensing pool.

Feature has expired.

Feature:       aa_t_i

Expire date:   31-jan-2020

License path:  C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\student.lic;

FlexNet Licensing error:-10,32

For further information, refer to the FlexNet Licensing documentation,

available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

aa_t_i CHECKOUT FAILED

• Antonio_ALK26Antonio_ALK26 Posts: 1Member

Someone like fixing this problem, already install it again and it's still the same

• RobRob UKPosts: 9,687Forum Coordinator

Which version is that (release number and whether it's Student, Teaching or Research).

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyPosts: 7,186Forum Coordinator

@sagarpatil925 and @Antonio_ALK26 are you both able to launch any product Standalone like Fluent?

• sagarpatil925sagarpatil925 Posts: 4Member

@DrAmine

This message is been displayed in Console window when tried to launch Fluent

2021/03/22 21:56:27 INFO Demo license file C:\PROGRA~1\ANSYSI~1\ANSYSS~1\Shared Files\Licensing\student.lic exists.

ANSYS LICENSE MANAGER ERROR:Capability Fluent Meshing does not exist in the ANSYS licensing pool.

None of the products enabling this capability are available in the specified license path:

ANSYSLI_SERVERS:

FLEXlm Servers: C:\PROGRA~1\ANSYSI~1\ANSYSS~1\Shared Files\Licensing\student.lic

Hit return to exit.

Unexpected license problem; exiting.

@mmadore

C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\Shared Files\Licensing\ansyslmd.ini

the above file doesn't exist.

CMD Prompt "Set" Command out put was as follows

C:\WINDOWS\system32>set

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData

ANSYS202_DIR=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v202\ANSYS

ANSYSLI_ELASTIC=1

ANSYSLI_LCP=1

ANSYS_SYSDIR=winx64

ANS_OLD_ATTACH=1

APPDATA=C:\Users\Sagar\AppData\Roaming

AWP_LOCALE202=en-us

AWP_ROOT202=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v202

CADOE_LIBDIR202=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v202\CommonFiles\Language\en-us

CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files

CommonProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files

CommonProgramW6432=C:\Program Files\Common Files

COMPUTERNAME=LAPTOP-KRJ8U3MC

ComSpec=C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe

DriverData=C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\DriverData

GOOGLE_API_KEY=no

GOOGLE_DEFAULT_CLIENT_ID=no

GOOGLE_DEFAULT_CLIENT_SECRET=no

HOMEDRIVE=C:

HOMEPATH=\Users\Sagar

LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\Sagar\AppData\Local

LOGONSERVER=\\LAPTOP-KRJ8U3MC

LSTC_LICENSE=ANSYS

NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=8

OneDrive=C:\Users\Sagar\OneDrive

OneDriveConsumer=C:\Users\Sagar\OneDrive

OS=Windows_NT

Path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Program Files\Intel\iCLS Client\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\IPT;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Users\Sagar\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64

PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel

PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6

PROCESSOR_REVISION=8e0a

ProgramData=C:\ProgramData

ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files

ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86)

ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files

PROMPT=$P$G

PSModulePath=C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules

PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public

P_SCHEMA=C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v202\AISOL\CADIntegration\Parasolid\PSchema

SystemDrive=C:

SystemRoot=C:\WINDOWS

TEMP=C:\Users\Sagar\AppData\Local\Temp

TMP=C:\Users\Sagar\AppData\Local\Temp

USERDOMAIN=LAPTOP-KRJ8U3MC

USERDOMAIN_ROAMINGPROFILE=LAPTOP-KRJ8U3MC

USERNAME=Sagar

USERPROFILE=C:\Users\Sagar

windir=C:\WINDOWS

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

• mmadoremmadore Posts: 865Ansys Employee

@sagarpatil925 Please set these variables to 0, not 1, or entirely remove them.

ANSYSLI_ELASTIC=1

ANSYSLI_LCP=1

@mmadore

From where Can i remove this value

Please set these variables to 0, not 1, or entirely remove them.

ANSYSLI_ELASTIC=1

ANSYSLI_LCP=1

• mmadoremmadore Posts: 865Ansys Employee

For guidance on creating an Environment Variable please refer to this link. You need to create a NEW Variable.

https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/how-to-set-an-environment-variable-in-windows-10