Flutter Study of a Wing with FSI

Simon95Simon95 Member

Hi everyone,

I am doing a project which goal is to study flutter condition of a wing. I have already create the wing and the fluid domain. I have mesh the wing with a fixed support in one side and I have done the modal analysis so I know the modal shapes and the frequencies in Hz. After that, I have mesh the fluid domain and edit the setup in fluent with a velocity inlet. Then I coupled both setup (Transient strutural and Fluid Flow (Fluent)) with the System Coupling module, and everything is ok. 

I can run the simulation correctly, but I don´t know how to determine the flutter velocity. I have read that I have to fix Mach number and vary Dynamic Pressure but I don´t know how to do that and after that where should i be able to realize that flutter condition has been achieved.

I need help from anyone who knows anything about this topic, please.

Thank you all in advance!

Comments

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited May 2019

Assuming the wing is moving monitor the position of a point on the wing with time. Velocity will return the flow velocity so isn't what you're looking for. 

• Simon95Simon95 Member
    edited May 2019

Hi rwoolhou,

Thanks for your opinion. I think that is a good idea, but I don´t know how i can do that. I have created a point in fluent but when I try to make a new plot with the position I couldn´t do it. I could report things like pressure or velocity, but no position. Can you please give me some advice?

Thanks in advance.

edited May 2019

Look under Mesh and you'll find the x, y, & z coordinates. 

• Simon95Simon95 Member
    edited May 2019

Ok, I got what you suggest. But I would like to see it in a plot, so that I can realize if the mesh displacement converges o diverges. Do you know how I can put this information in a plot, y axis-Position, x-axis time?.

THank you!

edited May 2019

Ah, use a monitor of "something" and time. You can then export the data in text format and/or plot on the screen.