A problem related to writing an expression for htc in CFX?

hamdahamda Member

Hi,
 My problem is that I want to write an expression for htc as follows:
htc= Wall Heat Flux/(Ts-Tf)
where Ts is solid temperature and Tf is fluid temperature and I already drew charts for solid and fluid temperatures along the axial direction. But when I use the above expression for htc, I get error. Is there anybody who knows how can I solve my problem? since Ts and Tf change along the axial direction and I couldn't use constant temperature.
Many thanks in advance

Hamda

Comments

• DrAmineDrAmine GermanyForum Coordinator
    edited May 2019
    Do you need that for post processing? If not then both sides are thermally coupled. You can some other interface models there.
  • hamdahamda Member
    edited May 2019

Dear Amine,

yes I need that for post processing.(in CFD post)

edited May 2019

I assume the solid temperature belongs to another domain (solid). Create a line and then plot respectively the fluid temperature and solid temperature along that line. You need to use the option "All domains" when creating the line.

• hamdahamda Member
    edited May 2019

Dear Amine,

Thank you for your response.

I already created  2 lines named fluid line and solid line to plot solid and fluid temperatures . But with ONE line how can I plot Ts and Tf? since in "variable" we can just select "temperature" or "total temperature" and there is no other option.

• hamdahamda Member
    edited May 2019

Also I want to show Nusselt number distribution on a selected sphere. How can I do that? I should insert a volume(sphere volume)? and  draw a contour of it?

edited May 2019
    Create a line crossing all domain. Actually the wall temperature will be common so you just require adjacent cell temperature in fluid domain.