No stress results under load combinations

Hi,

I'm trying to run a structural analysis with load combinations on a glazing panel. I added the load combinations by the load step methods, and I got results for deformation and reaction. However, I cannot get the results for the combined load cases for stress.

I have 4 basic load cases (load steps), and 8 combined load cases. As shown, I have results of 12 load cases for deformation, but only four basic load cases for stress.

Could anyone please help me with this issue?

Thank you!

Comments

• jj77jj77 Member
    edited May 2019

not sure -

Ansys is not a pure civil structural software like Sofistik Strand7 LUSAS RFEM SAP2000,..., so it is not that straightforward to do combinations and envelopes.

The best way is not by using a single static and with the load tables or activate deactivate.

The recommended approach is to have a static with your load cases (separate), thus only one is activate at a load step (e.g., say there are 2 load steps; first gravity is active and pressure is inactive, and then the other way around for the second load step).

The static is transferred to a design assessment (also possible without, then just do the solution comb in static), and in which we can add a solution combination tool (go to Model and right click insert solution combination).

Then we can assign load combination factors per EC or any other standard :

For more inf on this see https://caeai.com/resources/using-design-assessment-ansys-e-learning

search also in help for design assessment and/or solution combination