How to uninstall ANSYS license manager

After uninstalling the ANSYS programs from the computer, I am still not able to delete the ANSYS Inc. folder from Program Files-- My Computer .

I want to completely remove the ANSYS files from my device.

Comments

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited June 2019

open up elevated CMD Prompt , right-click on CMD Prompt and 'run as administrator' , then issue the following commands. Make sure you change your install path accordingly

"C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_server" -k stop

"C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_server" -k uninstall

sc stop ANSYSLicensingTomcat

sc delete ANSYSLicensingTomcat

then, you should be able to delete the ANSYS Inc folder.

Thanks,

• AntangAntang United StatesMember
    edited August 2019

I'm not too familar with the command prompt but how do i do this if my first line of the prompt is "C:\>" and my ansys is in that exact same folder destination.  Also do I need to write that with the quotations?

edited August 2019

Please post the screenshots of your ANSYS directory.

It's ok if your first line has C:\>

Yes, you need to include quotes

• AntangAntang United StatesMember
    edited August 2019

Nevermind I think i got it thanks!

edited August 2019

sounds good.

Thanks,

Win

• I need to remove license folder but the CMD prompt shows above address...i.e..C:\windows\system 32.......while license folder location is C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64 ....how to change as it can not recognize the address

No need to change directory. What I provided is called 'absolute path' You just need to include the quote.

Note: When we changed the platform to this new one, the backslash is not transferred to this new platform correctly. The commands are

"C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_server" -k stop

"C:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Shared Files\Licensing\winx64\ansysli_server" -k uninstall