Fluent 19.2 fails to fully load
Hello and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read.
Fluent 19.2 starts to load, then I get this:
Host spawning Node 0 on machine "P52-PC" (win64).
WARNING: No cached password or password provided.
use '-pass' or '-cache' to provide password
and then it gets stuck. If I was trying to start it from Workbench I also get the error "the fluent application failed to start".
I'm on Windows 10 and on an administrator account, which has no spaces in the name. The Ansys Student installation was done as administrator. It's a new laptop with no previous installations of Ansys.
I tried reading other threads; here's some stuff that I've tried.
- I tried starting Fluent with different processing options. Parallel w/ 0 processes STARTS; Serial and Parallel w/ 2 FAILS.
- I tried disabling Defender, then disabling the Firewall, then disabling both at the same time. FAILS in each case.
- I tried starting Fluent from the command prompt with "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v192\fluent\ntbin\win64\fluent.exe" ^-r19.2.0 3d -meshing FAILS
- I tried starting Fluent from the command prompt with "C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\v192\fluent\ntbin\win64\fluent.exe" ^-r19.2.0 3d -g -meshing FAILS in the same way (prints the same warning in the cmd window)
- Opening from Workbench or from Start menu both FAIL.
- I tried rearranging the contents of the PATH system variable (not the user one) to move the paths starting with C:\Windows on top. Still FAILS.
I would appreciate any suggestions and help.