Spur gear modeling errors

xRtCxRtC GreeceMember

Dear community,

The last couple months i tried to model a set of gears without a result.

Below you can see the procedure i followed and i have attached images for your better comprehension.

Contact formulation

• Type:    Frictionless
  • Formulation: Augmented Lagrange
  • Interface treatment: Adjust to touch
  • Initial information about contact with contact tool: The contact status is open. This may be acceptable.

I inserted joint at each gear with joint rotation at pinion -40 degrees and joint moment at  the gear -27000N*mm.

The problems i am facing are listed below:

• The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.  Please see the Troubleshooting section of the Help System for more information.
  • The unconverged solution (identified as Substep 999999) is output for analysis debug purposes. Results at this time should not be used for any other purpose.
  • One or more bodies may be underconstrained and experiencing rigid body motion. Weak springs have been added to attain a solution.  Refer to Troubleshooting in the Help System for more details.
  • The number of divisions specified is unsuitable for sweeping. Check all the edges and faces along the sweeping path.
  • The number of divisions specified for sweeping is unsuitable and has been ignored.

Comments