Ansys 19.0 - will not create mesh

2»

Comments

• MikeWMikeW Member
    edited March 2019
    This may only be a solution for some fringe cases, but I was having this same error in ANSYS 19 and was able to fix it by uninstalling software called Amplitube.
  • SergiorojasSergiorojas Member
    edited May 2019
    This may only be a solution for some fringe cases, but I was having this same error in ANSYS 19 and was able to fix it by uninstalling software called Amplitube.

Actually it worked, I had this problem before with another computer too (which has Amplitube installed), I just uninstall it and now meshing works. Thanks for share it. 

• Abhi2997Abhi2997 Member
    edited August 2019

[Edit: SPAM removed.]

• mjmiddlemjmiddle Forum Coordinator

Resolution for one person:

The meshing logs suggested by Sandeep Medikonda did not help greatly. They only showed that the meshing process did not start. This is called AnsMeshingServer.exe.

General advice when the meshing process does not start is to check things like virus scanner logs (turn off temporarily), firewall exception, and Windows event logs. For Windows log, you can open a "File Explorer" browser, then right click on "This PC > Manage." Expand under "Event Viewer > Windows Logs" and look at logs for "Application" and "System." Possibly even "Security.

This can also happen when other software installations on the machine have placed older dlls in the C:\Windows\system32, and Ansys can use these instead of the dlls found in the installation at C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v{version}\tp\IntelCompiler\{build_date}\winx64". Compare file names is these directories. If any have the same name, you can rename (add ".old" extension) to the dlls in the Windows direction so that it uses Ansys dlls. In one customer's case these were the interfering dlls: libiomp5md.dll, libmmd.dll. But the interfering dlls may be different depending on the older applications installed that are interfering with Ansys. Once you have found the problem dlls, you can decide if you want to delete them or update the software that origjnally installed and is using them.

Restart workbench after renaming the dlls.

This problem is discussed in Ansys knowledgebase solution 2058100.