Problem in using workbench

I have a problem-Failed to load addin Ansys.Simulation.Core.Addin from location C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\v181\Addins/Simulation/bin/Win64//Ans.Simulation.Core.dll. This addin will be skipped.: Root element is missing.

Please help me in solving this problem

Comments

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Forum Coordinator
    edited July 2019

If you go to that directory, do you see Ans.Simulation.Core.dll ?

Do you have any .err file under C:\Program Files\ANYS Inc\ folder ?

Can you try installing newer version ?

Thanks,

Win

• Sushanth27Sushanth27 Member
    edited July 2019

I can see  Ans.Simulation.Core.dll  file in that directory and i found i file named err.png, err.png2.

When i installed 19.1 version i found issue of loading mechanical handlers. I have re-installled 18.1 and 19.1 several times but the problem didn't get solved

edited July 2019

Remove the C:\Program Files\ANYS Inc\   folder, then reinstall new version on it. Make sure you run the installation with 'run as administrator'

After the installation is done, check if you have any .err file in this C:\Program Files\ANYS Inc\  folder (do not search for its sub folders, just the file in ANSYS Inc folder). If you have .err file, post the content of it here

Thanks,

Win

edited July 2019

Sir i have tried this, by deleting Ansys.inc file and installing other version but i am facing same problem

edited July 2019

open CMD Prompt, then issue the following command

set

then post the screenshot of it here

Also, post the screenshot of your C:\Program Files\ANYS Inc\  folder

edited July 2019

I installed 19.1 version but it is showing this error

Failed to load Mechanical Solver Handlers at C:\Users\Sushanth\AppData\Roaming\Ansys\v194\SolveHandlers.xml

edited July 2019

It seems you refer to ANSYS 2019 R2 (19.4) as 19.1

Do you have any .err file in C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student\  folder  ?  If so, please post the entire content of it here.

Try 'unset' (delete) your ANSYSLIC_DIR environment variable.

Also, open CMD Prompt, then issue the following command

move %appdata%\ansys %appdata%\ansys.bak

edited July 2019

No the version is 19.1 itself.

.err file content

There is  no file named  ANSYSLIC_DIR in ANSYS_Inc file.

edited July 2019

sir the 19.1 version is working now, thank you sir.

now if i re-install 18.1 version will it work?

edited July 2019

Your environment variables and your error message show 19.4 , not 19.1 .

Also, if you look at the folder under C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student , you are going to see v194 , not v191.

It depends on what was the issue for your 18.1. You can try it and let us know.

edited July 2019
  • Go to appdata folder and delete ansys folder from local and roaming folder. Your issue will be resolved.