how to insert image when creating a new discussion

xuemurongxuemurong GermanyMember

hi guys,

i want to insert some images in my new discussion. But I do not know how to do it. Could someone teach me the way to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Member
    edited August 2019

Save the images to your hard disk drive in .png or .jpg format.

When you are writing your post, click on the Insert Image button in the toolbar along the top of the edit window. That's the one with the mountain icon with the little dot of a sun. Then you can browse the file system to the location where you saved your image files.

• xuemurongxuemurong GermanyMember
    edited August 2019

Thanks for your advice. I tried to insert image in the way that you said. But when i clicked the button, there is a small window. Inthe samll window there are 3 row, first is "Upload Image", second is "External Image" and the last is "Image Description". I browsed my image in "Upload Image". But I do not know how should I do in the next step. I tried to click "OK". But there are warning "Sorry an error occured"

• edited August 2019

There is currently a problem with doing this or attaching files.

Our I.T has been notified and is looking into it.

edited August 2019

hi guys,

now I am finding i cannot create a new discussion. While creating a new discussion, there is an error. And I do not know the reason. There is "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request."

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited August 2019

I assume you've restarted the browser etc?  

edited August 2019
    I have tried to restart the chrome. But it was useless . And I used Safari. Also useless. And I used my Uni email to create a new account. And the error is always existing. I am in Germany. Are all German accounts in trouble?
    edited August 2019

Hi guys,

I can not create the new discussion. It is very urgent. I need a help to solve the problem. The problem is " Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request." I need help in the forum, because there is a huge problem in my master thesis. Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot. And I must say I can only post information in this discussion. 

• shehabishehabi Member
    edited August 2019
    I have tried to restart the chrome. But it was useless . And I used Safari. Also useless. And I used my Uni email to create a new account. And the error is always existing. I am in Germany. Are all German accounts in trouble?

Hi!

i have the same problem here!!

• edited August 2019

We've been informed by I.T that the problem should now be fixed.

• abdkhrbtliabdkhrbtli Member
    edited April 16

Hi.

I have got this problem now and I am not able to raise any new discussion. I tried using different browser and restarting the PC but it didn't work.

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Member
    edited April 16

No one can insert images right now. I have reported the problem.

• RobRob UKForum Coordinator
    edited April 17

And it's fixed: IT waved the magic wand and threatened the server with a good kicking.