sandwich composite panel

I am trying to simulate a composite sandwich panel with honeycomb at its core. I am using epoxy as adhesive to join the honeycomb to the both facesheets. For this i created a honeycomb structure in a mechanical model and two facesheets in two different aACPs. Then i imported the honeycomb and two facesheets in static structure module( with "transfer shell data " setting for ACPs).

i also created the legal contacts (formulation= pur penalty) between the honeycomb and facesheet. But when i am trying the  define CZM it does not account the contact.

contact

czm

I know in a sandwich panel like this the honeycomb would fail first before the epoxy.But  I want to know the forces at the contact.

Comments

• WenlongWenlong CanonsburgMember
    edited August 2019

Hi Prashank,

For you cohesive material definition, did you use "separation based" cohesive? We need it to enable contact-based delamination. 

Bests,

Wenlong

• PrashankPrashank Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi , wenlong
    I used separation based debonding while defining the cohesive zone in Ansys library.
    So did I used something wrong.?
    edited August 2019

Hi Prashank,

It would be hard to tell without taking a look at the model, but you can click on that contact and then click on the "show errors" on the toolbar. The software will tell what is incompatible.

Bests,

Wenlong

edited August 2019

hi wenlog 

sorry for late reply

in this highlighted error says :

One or more contact pairs exceeds contact small sliding assumption, check your results carefully.  Consider using Large Deflection or turning off Small Sliding on the offending contact pair(s).  You may select the first offending pair via RMB on this warning in the Messages window.  Additionally, you can use the “Number With Too Much Sliding” Contact Results Tracker to locate any additional pairs.

i really cant understand whats wrong.

edited August 2019

You can try turn off small sliding and see if it works

edited August 2019
    Hi wenlong
    it doesn't wenlong it doesn't work.