Serious Internal error (in DPGETB)

Hi,

I am using AIM to run polymer extrusion simulation. I am using a profile for simulation. When running the simulation, it shows a error message saying a serious internal error has occured. Another message shows the Malloc failed, possible cause is not enough swap space available. I am using a old hp z400 station with 12 GB RAM and around 50 GB free space on my disk. 

Does anyone knows why this happened? Please help.

Thanks

Comments

• jix218jix218 Member
    edited September 2019
  • jix218jix218 Member
    edited September 2019

My profile looks like this, with the left bottom half being 'extrudate' and right upper half being polymer inside the die.

I have defined inlet, extrudate outlet, wall, free surface, extradate deformation for parameters.

• jix218jix218 Member
    edited September 2019

Can anyone please help? I am new to Ansys AIM. I tried to change some parameters myself today and got this message.

• bducoeurbducoeur BelgiumMember
    edited September 2019

Hi,

May I suggest you start simple and step by step.  From the geometry you show it is very possible that you mesh is too fine for your machine. 

As a starting point, you would only use the end part of the die and the extrudate.   Objective is to be able to have a structured mesh using multizone that is not too fine (no more than 100k element) but still minimum 3 elements in gaps.  

Also, you should start with a constant viscosity.   If non-newtonian flow is needed, you can use Picard iterative scheme.  You can activate this in solver option/numerical control.

Best Regards,

Benjamin

• jix218jix218 Member
    edited September 2019

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate the advice, I will try to use a smaller part as well as a coarse mesh with constant viscosity. 

Thanks,

Young