ANSYS Workbench not working properly on Windows 10

Hi,

I recently had an issue with ANSYS Workbench running on Windows 10. As I run the program it shows that the program is running, but ANSYS Workbench windows don't show up. Although, I see ANSYS Workbench in the task manager and the taskbar of Windows 10.

I tried reinstalling the software, but the issue still persists. I can run Fluent in stand-alone mode and it works perfectly.

Any leads on how can I resolve this issue! Thank you.

Comments

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Posts: 3,071Forum Coordinator
    edited September 2019

It sounds like it worked earlier ? 

You can try resetting ANSYS configuration by renaming the %appdata%\Ansys  folder to anything else.

Thanks,

Win

• TingWangUNOTingWangUNO Posts: 39Member
    edited September 2019

Hi,

Thank you it works!!!

This is what I did. I went to the Appdata folder and renamed "Ansys" to "Ansys19". The ANSYS workbench works perfectly!

To help me understand, can you please explain what just happened? Thank you.

• tsiriakstsiriaks 3240 El Camino Real #290, Irvine, CA 92602Posts: 3,071Forum Coordinator
    edited September 2019

Hi TingWangUNO ,

That's good to hear !

This folder contains all of the user configurations for Ansys products. Sometimes, due to any reason, there are some files corrupted. Renaming this folder would reset all of the user configurations back to the original when the software was first installed. Note: Uninstall the software does not reset/delete this since this is user configurations, not software-level configurations.

If you are all set, could you mark the post as 'resolved' ('Is Solution') so we know it's been addressed ?

Thanks,

Win

• TingWangUNOTingWangUNO Posts: 39Member
    edited September 2019

Yes, I marked it as "Is Solution". Thank you for your prompt responses. 

• Mason33Mason33 Posts: 7Member
    edited September 2019

how can you find that?

could you please let me know?

thanks