Error: Unable to start Workflow Database

ayhans15ayhans15 Member Posts: 1

I'm using Ansys 2020 R2 with my university license. When I try to start Ansys Additive tool, I can not start because of this problem. The other tools have not this kind of problem. They work regularly. How can I solve this problem?

Answers

• Geo KarnosGeo Karnos Posts: 569Ansys Employee

@ayhans15 

Can you please post the contents of the install.log file and install.err file, if one exists.

They will exist under:

C:\Program Files\ANSYS Inc\ANSYS Student

Thank You,

Geo

• ayhans15ayhans15 Posts: 3Member
    edited March 2021

@Geo Karnos

I have not the file that is named as ANSYS Student. But I have install.log file. The content is here. However it is not possible to post here. Because it is too long. So I attached the file.

• aftermateaftermate Posts: 2Member

Do we have any solution? I have the same problem and not matter what I do, I couldn't solve it.

• shmuelnascshmuelnasc Posts: 1Member

Any solution? I have the same problem here... In my "ANSYS inc" folder, I only have "Shared Files" and "v202" folders, just like @ayhans15

• aozakinciaozakinci Posts: 1Member

I have the same issue. Any solution?

• raysonpangraysonpang Posts: 1Member

Hi, I'm facing the same issue as well. This is the contents from the .err file that has been extracted. Any idea how to solve this?

>>>--------------------------------------->

Ansys installation: Mon Nov 29 11:59:49 2021

Revision: 2021 R2

###### Error #######

Error extracting C:\Users\itsmbm\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_FLUIDSTRUCTURES_2021R2_WINX64.zip\nexus\WINX64.7z:

'"C:\Users\itsmbm\AppData\Local\Temp\ans_install_tmp10308\7zip\7z.exe" x -aoa -bb1 "C:\Users\itsmbm\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_FLUIDSTRUCTURES_2021R2_WINX64.zip\nexus\WINX64.7z" "-oD:\Ansys Program\ANSYS Inc\v212"' terminated after 1 attempts with the following error(s): 

Unknown error

Exit Code: 2

>>>--------------------------------------->