How to connect two line bodies?

Hi. I'm trying to design L-shaped beam as shown in this picture:

But when I simulate it, it acts as two separate bodies so I added a connection between two vertices as shown:

However, this doesn't connect the whole touching faces as you can see in one of the mode shapes:

What is the best way to make it act as one body? I mean to have fixed connection between the two touching faces?

Answers

• Hi,

Is there a reason that you need to define the L-shaped body using 2 distinct line bodies? I would suggest using Shared Topology i.e. the two line bodies would have no gap between them and would share a node where they meet. That should do the trick!

Hope this helps,

Sai

• @sdeogeka Thanks for your reply. I already tried to do what you suggested but I had this problem with the connection:

Any idea on how to avoid this problem?

• Dear @Abdulelah ,

I have the same problem. Did you just sort it out?

• peteroznewmanpeteroznewman Member
    edited September 12

@Abdulelah

What is the problem? Is it that the beam profiles are at right angles to each other where the beams connect? Did you want the profiles trimmed to 45 degrees at the connection point, the way two I-beams would be cut before welding together? ANSYS won't show that.

The simple solution is to turn off the beam profile. The two lines are the geometry.

The profiles are just a visualization. Mathematically, the two lines are connected and their bending properties are defined by the beam profile.