3 ways motorized valves

deanmonnndeanmonnn Member Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

I am newbie at Twin Builder. Is there anyone who tried to build 3 way valves ROM model which is controlled by motorized gear system ? I want to analyse its on-off time under the 20 bar water pressure.

I need your ideas and advices.

Thank you.

Best Answer

• dheerajvemuladheerajvemula Posts: 4Member
    Accepted Answer

Hello ,

There are two ways to analyze the on-off times of a 3-way valve:

1. Create a system model with the available modelica/modelon libraries in twin builder. This system would be 1D representation of the valve. Depending on the architecture of the valve you can couple the system model with a controller, hydraulic system if required. This method can help analyze the on-off times under different system conditions.

With this method the valve and rest of the system is modeled based on the spec sheet data

1. Another approach would be like approach 1, only with a reduced order model of the 3-way valve instead of 1D model.

Reduced order model generation:

• Use 3D simulation data of the valve to generate different training scenarios
    • Use the twin builder’s ROM builder tools (Static or Dynamic depending on the boundary conditions) to generate a ROM out of the training scenarios

Thank you,

Dheeraj

Answers

• KremellaKremella Posts: 2,554Admin

Hello,

We are trying to find you an answer internally. We will soon be posting a response.

Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Karthik

• deanmonnndeanmonnn Posts: 4Member

Hello Mr.Kremella,

Thank you for your interest and efforts. Have healthy days.

Regards.

Hello,

I hope you are well.

I created a model which is separeted in to 2 modellica model as gear, which is motorized mechanism, and valve. I tried to simulate output torque of reduction. Because there is reduction with 1:24 gear ratio. After that, the torque ,which is generated from this part of valve, should be the reference of my systems on or off condition.

But still, I dont have what I need. You can see my works below. The liquid, we can assume it is liquid. And the pump get rotational movement from tractor shaft as 540rpm. With the thee junctions, I tried to get best fit to our valves.

Regards.

• dheerajvemuladheerajvemula Posts: 4Member

Hi,

The model looks interesting, however I don't understand what is missing. Can you elaborate on the difficulties you are facing? Is it about the model compilation or the outputs of models not having enough accuracy ?

Best

Dheeraj

Hello,

I hope you are well.

Still I can't get what is missing in my model. I was trying to direct the liquid. Because, in reality I'm using motorized valves and my real system include at least 7 valves.

Actually, I could not get motor run condition to my valves.