Ayman
Subscriber

Peter,

Thank you for your attention. i tried to solve the many times with different setting until i found the error, my problem was with the mesh so i tried the following:

-remeshed the model all over again to ensure the quality of mesh.

-I used a contact sizing to refine the mesh between the nuts and endplate Which I think that cause the problem.

-I change the element control to manual in the geometry details and for each body, I change the brick integration scheme to reduced to save more time.

-I change the mesh detail setting: 1-Under defaults physics preference to mechanical instead of NL mech.

2-Under sizing transition to slow.

3- Under sizing span angle centre to fine.

4-under quality error limits to aggressive mech.

5-under quality smoothing to fine.

after that the model have been solved but it takes a long time  and compare the result between my model and expermintal result in the research and i found the following:

1-The force-displacement chart looks to be close I think it's acceptable.

2-The force-strain chart for bolts looks to be so far from the research results like the following

a-for B1&B2 in the research:

B-for B1&B2 in my model:

B1:

B2:

so I have redone the work as you suggest with the 1/4 model and start to check the result again and found the following:

1-The force-displacement chart looks to be close I think it's acceptable too.

2-The force-strain chart for bolts looks to be so far too but it have been changed from the full model and the research results like the following:

a-for B1&B2 in the research:

B-for B1&B2 in my 1/4 model:

B1:

B2:

I don't know how to reach to the ecact results i have tried every thing i have attached the 1/4 model if you have more suggestions

Download link for 1/4 model: https://we.tl/t-QzaM2e9qHm

Download link for full model: https://we.tl/t-oPxFTCxjGn

and I am searching for trilinear material charts for the bolts if you have any data or if you can tell me where to find.

sorry for taking much of your time and thanks a lot for all you do for me.