hwa0725
Subscriber

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your concern, they were great! Perhaps, I should have descript a bit more regarding what I am doing.

(1) The Shear Wall I mentioned is actually part of a Core Wall (on plan: 6m x 6m, 0.275m thick) which is located at the center of the building, which on plan measures 18m x 18m. The total height of the building is 72m that consists of 24-stories of 3m floor-to-floor height. This is a modular buildings and the number M #01 ... M #16 are individual modular units which is prefabricated and prefinished in the factory and will be dropped into place floor by floor.

The reason the shear wall seems relatively thin is because I would like to only analyse the A-A section as shown in plan below. I have inserted a Frictionless Support that scoped to both the front and back of the Shear Wall and apply the windward and leeward (suction) pressure to the left and right side of the Shear Wall respectively.

(2) The wind velocity is calculated based on the Eurocode together with Local Annex. The wind velocity I had was about 90 kmph, which is about 56 mph. After converting it into a pressure, I ended up with +1205 Pa (windward) and -1054 Pa (leeward) wind pressure which add up to the 2259 Pa. This pressure 2259 Pa is then splitted into 2 as it will be resisted by 2 shear wall. So half the width of the building (18m/2) multiply by this sum of pressure acting on the facade would be the pressure carried by 1 Shear Wall. The resulting pressure need to be multiply by 1.5 (partial safety factor) to get to the final value which is around 30496.5 N/m. If I were to convert this back into a pressure acting on the side of the Shear Wall, this would be, 30496.5/0.275 (the thickness of Shear Wall) = 110897 Pa.

Hope this clarifies a little. Thanks very much for you help! Cheers!

Regards,

Heng