Rajasekhar
Subscriber

Dear Karthik,

Thanks for your explanation, actually my previous request was to help me to understand why my TMA species is extraction rate is higher compared to my source generation rate. 

for instance my source generation (TMA) rate is x kg/s and my tma extraction rate is 10 times of x kg/s. for better understanding please read the below explanation.

I have one question when I analyze the results based on my previous case and data file, I found very strange that the total mass flow rate of TMA species coming from emitting surfaces is  4.9366 e -07 kg/sec (1777.17 mg/hr) which is matching the hand calculation that I defined but when I calculate the mass flow rate of TMA at the extracted surface I got 0.000228 kg/sec (820800 mg/hr), a big difference between the inlet and extract. It seems like the species is generating within the domain. Please find the below snapshots. I am enclosing we transfer link for my case and data file for your reference.

Calculation

Area weighted average (mass fraction of tma) = mass of tma/ mass of air = 0.00002091. see Figure 1

Mass flow rate of tma = 0.00002091* mass flow rate of air  (eq 1)

Total mass flow rate from the extracted surfaces =  mass flow rate of air +  mass flow rate of tma  (figure 2)

mass flow rate of air  = total mass flow rate  -  mass flow rate of tma  (eq 2)

put value of mass flow rate of air from eq 2 to eq 1

mass flow rate of tma =     0.00002091 * (total mass flow rate – mass flow rate of tma)

mass flow rate of tma  = 0.00002091 *(10.907 – mass flow rate of tma)

mass flow rate of tma = 0.000228 kg/sec = 820800 mg/hr

Fig 1

Fig 2

(link for case and data file)

Please have a look, is this because of mesh or any other reason.

Thankyou.