bayetan
Subscriber

Hello Win,

Thank you for responding to my questions!

I added Firewall exception to "ansysli_server.exe" to both Inbound and Outbound Rules and I'm still getting the error message from "View Licensing Interconnect Log" reproduced below.  I did also confirm that I am able to telnet from a client to host on port 2325 and it did have the expected response.

2020/07/22 10:21:55    ERROR               Could not bind socket on port 2325. An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions.

And I did have a second NIC card that was disabled but I went ahead and replaced the IP address with host-name anyway.  It did not fix the problem.  Like before, "ansysli_server.exe" will fail to "bind socket to port 2325." for 15 time and exit.  I also have a "Npcap Loopback Adapter" and I did try it with enable and disable and that did not make a difference.  BTW, I was not able to find "C:Program FilesANSYS IncShared FilesLicensingansyslmd.ini" file in my server so I just changed the IP -> hostname in the license file and reread it.

If you could recommend something else, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ben