Ansys Employee

If the temperature difference between your wall and ambient fluid is small, you should be able to use the wall temperature or ambient fluid temperature to estimate the fluid properties. However, if the temperature difference is really large, I'd recommend that you use an arithmetic mean temperature between T_wall and T_amb. This average temperature is sometimes referred to as the 'film temperature' .

I hope this helps.