nlj007
Subscriber
Thank you both for the responses.nSai,nThe spring was an error in the diagram I posted. In reality, there would not be a spring between blocks One and Two following peteroznewman's naming convention. I just tried out the constraint equation, and I think the problem I have with it is that the constraint equation does not induce any motion. It only relates the motion of one body to another. I have a specific motion profile I would like apply to this displacement. However, maybe I am missing something that would make the constraint equation work in this case and allow me to induce motion using it.nnote: I am using general joints instead of springs in the screenshots belownPeteroznewman,nI actually ran across the joint displacement yesterday afternoon and spent some time messing around with it. The issue I have is that the displacement of the joint itself seems to be locked in position and not allowed to displace such that the system reaches an equilibrium. If I ramp the joint displacement to 5e-4 m, each block displaces 2.5e-4 m and is held in that position through the rest of the time steps. I have attached screenshots and my files showing this. The behavior where each block displaces away from the center of the joint is okay, but I would like for the system to then settle to an equilibrium, which, in this case, would mean the far left spring returns to its original length instead of staying compressed as you see in the screenshots.nI have tried the Lock at Load Step option, and I have tried to deactivate the joint displacement at the time steps after 5e-4 m is reached with no luck. I have also looked in to the difference between remote vs. direct attachment for the joint connections, but changing that didn't seem to help either. However, there may still be something there that I'm missing.nnI have been working on this for a week or two, and I feel that this is the closest I have come to an effective and straightforward solution, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!nArchive project file:https://drive.google.com/file/d/19wDSIxmRtygCk6bLCzAH3epzXzu2AtnH/view?usp=sharingn