Bukovnik
Subscriber
Array ,nI will change the things you are talking above, especially the Support.nThank you for taking your time and explaining the N-R plot in details, makes a lot more sense now. Since it's the tool I use a lot it's nice to get any additional knowledge about it.nIf possible I will avoid adding fillets on edges, since as I said above model then requires much finer mesh to capture those fillets.nYes it's true that I've been using Contact Stiffness of factor 0.001. I've set it only on contact I believe is causing singularities. I am somewhat of afraid changing it, since Solver output keeps giving There is too much penetration line. Yet I agree that small penetration should be acceptable. However to determine how much penetration my model has once analysis is finished I use Contact tool and choose penetration. Hope this is a proper way to clarify if there is too much penetration due to Contact stiffness being too low.nThank you for the NEQIT,50 command and it's explanation. Unfortunately I still don't know how to use APDL commands with workbench. I've been digging a little bit into it (here is the video I've been studying)
" target='blank'>
. Will definitely use that command in the future!nI did some thought experiment and consider few cases, also asked professor for advice. With all that I believe using Bonded contact is like 90% verified. Electro metal plate has face roughness for sure and polymer is molded directly into it. So by that logic there should be adhesion between the two parts. I will try and run simulation with Bonded contacts between metal and polymer parts tonight and compare the results to the ones where I use frictional contact. I believe good verification for contact to work is if the directional deformation in radial axis is the same or at least nearly close. I will post another comment once I know more.n