BenjaminStarling
Subscriber
Hi Oghuzan,nI watched that video you linked, and found it contains everything you need to proceed with this analysis. Below are all my thoughts in no particular order.nAbaqus default shell has 5 integration points comapred to APDL 3. This can be changed using the SECDATA command, however I do not think this is consequential to your analysis.nThe method of restraining one node in direction normal to the cylinder is a clever way of introducing assymetry, for the GNA case, and I would recommend you use this method or at least try it.nDr. Wagner is not solving to completion, the fact that we are getting non-convergence is inconsequential as far as I can tell. He is specifying 300 increments to be solved maximum and ending the analysis at that point, or, the solve is ending when it reaches non-convergence (it appears to end at 224 steps). There is no need to specify this limit in Ansys, as I don't think comparing the number of substeps/iterations between solvers is anywhere close to 1:1. Some solvers are better/faster at some analysis types. He has probably determined this value from his experience with Abaqus.nDr. Wagner is using 1e-50 for the MINARC value, I would recommend you use the same value. It may not translate between solvers to be the same variable, but in either instance, it is an incredibly small value.nDr. Wagner plots pressure vs. arc-length as a result. To plot something similar, you will need nodal forces -> on, in your output controls. You may also need something else turned on to get pressure??? possibly keyopt(10)=1? but if you check the link below at table 181.1, you can see that pressure is an available output in the result file. To get the arc length you can get this value in the solver output, which can be found under solution information (shown in the image below). I don't know if there is a more direct way to get this value, or whether Ansys stores this as a variable. You will also need to filter the arc-length based on whether the iteration actually converges, as these are the only points that will have results.nThe final issue is the total displacement (GNA case). In the video 9 mm is acheived. The greatest displacement I have acheived so far is ~6 mm. I believe setting the MINARC value as I mentioned above will help the solve get further before non convergence. He acheives far greater displacement with the GNIA case, however we don't have much to compare with this case without having a similar imperfection introduced to the structure.nnn