So i fixed the mesh using your suggested method, and it looks much better. Below are the mesh metrics and screenshots of the mesh:northogonal quality:nmax: 0.10314nmin: 0.9997naverage: 0.74944nstandard deviation: 0.14951nnskewness:nmax: 4.4457e-009nmin: 0.89686naverage: 0.2491nstandard deviation: 0.15097nnelemental quality:nmax: 9.3866e-002nmin: 0.99997naverage: 0.58812nstandard deviation: 0.2668nnAspect ratio:nmax: 1.1595nmin: 16.521naverage: 3.9131nstandard deviation: 2.4327nnHere are screenshots of the residuals and contours for the steady state solution, they seem logical and fine to me:nnAnd here are the residuals and contours for the transient solution. I used coupled scheme here, and i also tried the piso but i wasnt able to get proper residuals. the contours are very much similar to the steady state because (i assume) i used the steady state solution to initialize my transient one, and the time step that was generated using the adaptive method was 1e-8, hence there wasnt much advancement in the flow time since initialization. but the problem is the residuals, and the net mass flow rate at the inlet deviated heavily from 0.nn