davidconnelly
Subscriber
But completely no articles showing any match between HFSS and experiment with theory. I mean the problem is in HFSS, not in magnetostatics. HFSS has a closed code, and documentation lost 30 years ago for magnetic part of the code. So they could not even translate it into CUDA for acceleration.nWhat does CUDA have to do with any of this? I think we are getting way off topic here. I am aware of the limitations and abilities of HFSS, and I don't think your assessment is accurate. HFSS solves for magnetostatic modes in much the same way most articles on the topic do, except HFSS is able to solve for a non-uniform internal bias field as well as a coupled current distribution. The documentation explains how it does this; it has not been lost. So back to your original point on pinning and mode profile, there are regimes where you don't need to consider it, so I'm not worried that HFSS doesn't account for pinning.nCan you please explain better your suggestion for the absorbing boundary condition?n