piknockyou
Subscriber
@benjaminalden´╗┐, I appreciate your time & effort. Thank you!
But all of the working and not working measures to solve this issue are well-known to me.
I mentioned in my starting post as the very first workaround out of several:
"Flip contact/target (not applicable, b/c the other side gets distorted in some cases)"
What you did, is exactly the same: When looking at the Contact Tool - Initial Information (with your setting) the Washer will automatically be assigned as contact. I am aware of this.
This was already accomplished in System F before I even started the thread and I even pictured the results in the last 2 images of my yesterday's last post (5th May) (please pay attention to the constraint equations, which spread even further).
I know you already know all that, since you mentioned System F.
But please also pay attention, what I wrote inside the parenthesis: "not applicable, b/c the other side gets distorted in some cases"
By that, I am referring to models with 12 of these Washers on a plate:
If all Washers = Target --> some regions of the plate become distorted
If all Washers = Contact --> some of their elements become distorted
Under these circumstances, flipping contact/target is one of the worst workarounds.
I'd also like to manually decide, which side is contact/surface, because of reasons that need further explanation I'd like to avoid for now.
I'd like to mention that this problem is not limited to these geometries (washers, overhangs etc.). We are just looking at a very simple example for illustration purposes.
Anyway, as mentioned I am not looking for any well-know workarounds, which are even partially non-applicable & not helpful.
I am looking for thereason of the element distortions when modelling MPC bonded contacts with Large Deflection: On.