Lillo
Subscriber
First of all, thank you very much for your reply and for the compliment for my exposition of the problem

But because there is two point contact, it should give a moment as shown in poorly drawn art work above but there should be a reaction moment too at fixed support in my opinion (and not force in Y direction).
I checked and there is indeed a moment of reaction to the fixed support. But I wonder if the forces in the two points of contact don't really develop forces in the Y direction. It must be a strange coincidence because with inclined surfaces you would expect a thrust force in the Y direction due to the wedge effect
maybe try scaling the result, adding (+) more color pallet in the result and check ?
Thank you! I have scaled the results and in fact now see a gradient of coloring. The deformation were indeed very small
I don't understand "automatic methods are not applicable" statement.
I meant that I have already tried all the automatic methods without success (sweep, multizone, hex dom, mapped, etc). I just have to try some more sophisticated approach, but I'm not sure how to do it