Hi Sean,

I just tried that out with a vertical displacement of -0.1 mm and, although the simulation converges, I think it is indeed not properly detecting the contact. Please check the deformation and equivalent stress results in the pictures below:


There is no signs of deformations and the stress is for some reason calculated only in the plate with really low values. Below is a picture of me contact setup:


I’ve also noticed that I did two things different from the Cornell tutorial: I defined my geometry in SpaceClaim instead of DesignModeler and I have not unchecked the “Decompose Disjoint Geometry” option in the geometry properties in Workbench.

Thanks again,