kmd14
Subscriber

Hi Mike,

What I'm confused about is that I'm not generating any results files for specifically transient structural simulations I try to run over HPC. I have managed to run static structural and modal via HPC, so I'm confused why it isn't working for transient. According to the log reported by the clusters, there isn't any issue with the simulation run (i.e., they are 'completed'), yet I'm missing .rst files. 

I had a look at the output file and there are a couple of things which seem abnormal:

RUN SETUP PROCEDURE FROM FILE= /local/software/ansys/v21r2/ansys_inc/v212/ansys/apdl/start.ans

/INPUT FILE= /local/software/ansys/v21r2/ansys_inc/v212/ansys/apdl/start.ans  LINE=       0

*** NOTE ***                            CP =       2.482   TIME= 15:49:02
 The /CONFIG,NOELDB command is not valid in a Distributed ANSYS          
 solution.  Command is ignored.                                          

*GET  _WALLSTRT  FROM  ACTI  ITEM=TIME WALL  VALUE=  15.8172222  

ASSIGN FILE RSTP TO file.rst                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

*** NOTE ***                            CP =       2.497   TIME= 15:49:02
 File= file.rst does not exist and will be created.                      
 *********** Resuming The ANSYS db File from Modal Solution ***********

RESUME ANSYS DATA FROM FILE NAME=file.db                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

*** ERROR ***                           CP =       2.498   TIME= 15:49:02
 Data file file.db does not exist for RESUME.                            

NUMBER OF WARNING MESSAGES ENCOUNTERED=          0
 NUMBER OF ERROR   MESSAGES ENCOUNTERED=          1

Thanks for your help!