Xabier Aramendia
Subscriber

Hi @peteroznewman,

Reading various post related with the welds, I conclude that you are the person that most can help me. 

I am developing a mechanical calculation tool for fatigue evaluation of welds subjected to vibrations. For that, first of all, I have to obtain a correct procedure or technique model to see the distribution of the forces suffered by the welds. I want to know the forces that suffered each node or element of the weld. For example, if I have 2 plates welded in 90 degrees (i.e. forming a T, with two welds),I apply a tensile force (200N for example) on the vertical part and if I fix the two ends of the horizontal piece and I define that two plates arent in contact (i.e. all the transmision of the forces is through the welds), each welding have to transmit 100N (simetric). So, it would be interesting to obtain the forces that suffer each element or node of the weld. Taking into account the model, I decided to define pieces as 2D plates, and with a flexible behavior and plane strain.

I am trying to obtain it, but I dont achieve it. I would like to obtain the forces that suffered each node, and logically, that the sum of these values results in 100N. 

I have tried defining the each weld, and each plate as different parts, and defining some contacts between them. Bonded between the welds and each plate (all the forces from here), and nothing between the 2 plates (any contact, so there is no force transmision there). 

From the other hand, I also tried doing it in only 1 part. If I define the 2 welds, the vertical part and the horizontal part in (all in 1 part), force reaction is null. I also define paths in the interested geometry (joint of the weld and the plates) and then introduce User Defined Results with ENFOY expresion in that path, but this doest give us the force of each element or node of the weld (gives the force in each point of the path, so it depends on the number of sampling points), so the sum is not 100N. 

Can you help me please?

Thank you very much!

Xabi