February 14, 2023 at 5:42 pm
thank you for this discussion.
I am also trying to study Stefan problem
I wonder if you could provide me with some details of your relevant simulation, to know my mistake.
1) what boundary conditions did you use, are the below correct?
- only the left was wall with temp=5+ T saturated,
- up and down boundaries were symmetric
- and the right side pressureoutlet with the T saturated liquid for the reverse flow.
2) what were the thermophysical properties of the phases in your study that could get interface movement well
3) For operating conditions,
where was your reference pressure location and what were your Boussinesq parameters were.
4) my setup was as below, was that correct?
- VOF with implicit body force option,
- first phase liquid and vapor as the second phase
- the built-in Lee model with saturation temp=373.15, from the phase frequency of 0.1 and to phase frequency of 100
- Simple as the velocity pressure coupling
- Georeconstruct for interface capturing
- time step of 1e-5s
- second-order discretization for momentum and energy
- node-based green gauss
- PRESTO for pressure
- in the material section, the reference temperature for the two phases 298.15
- Surface tension on (CSF)/off
- Gravity was on.
In the monitors, I got decreasing liquid mass and increasing vapour mass, but followed by a divergence after a while.
Thank you in advance.