Vanessa Patino
Subscriber

Thanks so much for responding!

Do we know the temperature and flow rate of the incoming water?

Yes, both of these are known and I included them in my setup.

Do we know the surface temperature of the wafer (this might be the information you are trying to get from the model)? Or are we going to give it a certain heat generation? What do we know here?

Ah yes, sorry about that I forgot to mention it. Yes the wafer is set to 65 C, in one of the videos they patched the temperature for their heat source while I've just been setting it 65 C in the boundary conditions... I'm guessing the former is actually correct?

What is a rough estimate of the maximum temperature of the fluid? Yes this will be output of the model. But if the temperature never exceeds the boiling temprature, we can avoid using a costly VOF model.

I believe the water reaches around 80-90 C so just before boiling, does this mean I shouldn't use VOF? What am I using then? Do you mean its not longer a multiphase problem?

Do you mean the glass container which holds water? Do you expect there to be significant heat transfer into this body?

Yes the glass container that holds the water, there is also a glass 'top' that dips into the container taking up a considerable amount of space. The bottom portion of the top sits right above the wafer inside the container. Like a container inside the container but the inner one is actually connected to a top that sits on top of the container... (I hope this makes sense). I do expected there to be a significant amount of heat transfer since a portion of the top sits right about the wafer, I am also intersted in the heat transfer of the inside walls of the container. 

What output are you using to see the convective heat transfer?

Could you elaborate a little more on this. Do you mean how am I looking at the results? If so I'm looking at the temperature contours and volume fraction of the water phase. 

Thanks again!